Quality at Norafin
Norafin Americas' Quality Management System includes the design, development and manufacture of nonwoven roll goods used in personal protection markets, such as Fire service, Arc flash, face mask and similar markets, filtration, personal care, building and construction, furniture and bedding, industrial and transportation markets, including aircraft and other public transit systems.
Our goal is the absolute customer satisfaction.
Our commitment to quality means to:
- Norafin (Americas) Inc. strives to find current and future customer needs, to meet customer requirements and exceed customer expectations.
- Norafin (Americas) ensures that product conformity and on-time delivery performance are measured, and that proper action is taken if planned results are not achieved or will not be achieved.
- Norafin (Americas) ensures that customer requirements are understood and met, by requiring compliance with documented customer communication procedures. Customer requirements are decided, converted into internal requirements, and communicated to the proper people in our organization.
We are satisfied when our customers are satisfied. This includes:
- The optimization of our processes in collaboration with our employees.
- The work coinciding with the latest technological standards.
- The realization of regular employee training to improve our standards.
Laboratory Test Equipment
The properties, condition, quality, and processes are monitored during production by employees in our quality department. Our laboratory team works multiple shifts and independently of production. Our lab is designed for product and process control. These are equipped with extensive measuring technology to conduct textile-physical tests. The measuring technology is regularly calibrated by external service providers and monitored internally. In addition to that internal measuring equipment analysis are conducted to make sure the equipment is up to code.. On request, special tests can be conducted by external testing institutes.
The most important product parameters are monitored with inline measuring technology. A visual assessment of the produced web (inline) happens additionally, however this happens with the aid of evaluation software. All test results and sample swatches from each batch are archived. Traceability to the original raw material is guaranteed through labeling at every production step.
The following material tests are part of the standard portfolio that we carry out in order to guarantee a high quality product testing:
- Thickness [inch]
- Basis weight [g/m²]
- Tensile strength [lbf]/Elongation [%]
- Air permeability [l/dm²/min]
- Absorption capacity [%]
- Residual moisture [%]
- ASTM D 1777
- ASTM D 3776
- ASTM D 5034
- DIN EN ISO 9237
- DIN ISO 9073-6
- DIN EN 29073-6