Nonwovens for an intact ecosystem
Nonwovens for a sustainable future and healthy ecosystem
In our cities, the impacts of climate change can be seen more each day. “Natural Based Solutions” like green building materials can serve as “natural temperature control” and could help reduce the impacts of severe weather as well as enhance the well-being of the inhabitants.
Nonwovens are particularly suitable for roof and façade applications as well as in agricultural uses. Some advantages using a nonwoven include:
- less expensive production
- consistent quality
- special/technical properties (capillary and filtering effect).
The capacity of a nonwoven to absorb liquids is largely determined by the fiber composition and surface.
Application for green roofs and facades:
- green roofs
- green facades
- interior green wallcovering
- green wall systems
Application in soil:
- plant cultivation
- plant watering
- decomposable nonwovens „after life“
- plant substrate
For each application the optimal fiber
We offer a wide range of nonwovens for greening of roofs and facades, but also for soil watering. The processed raw materials differ depending on the application.
Bio-degradable fibers for applications in soil:
Synthetic, durable fibers for applications in building:
|polyamid 6 (PA6)
Please ask for our certified STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® class 1 (16.0.90034 HOHENSTEIN HTTI) as well as our FSC™ C140662 certified products !
Nonwovens for Building Greening
Spunlace nonwovens are particularly suitable for the application in green roofs and facades:
- durable materials (> 60 years)
- absorbency for leaks over 300%
- increases retention capacity of water on roofs (retention roofs)
- water transport over 15cm height difference (wick effect)
- filtering effect for coarse particles
Nonwovens for Application in Soil
Depending on the application, we can offer
- residue-free decomposable (operating time 1-2 years)
- industrial decomposable (operating time 5-10 years)
- completely recyclable
nonwovens to our customers.
Cellulosic fibers, for example, can absorb 8 -times as much water as their own weight (3-8 liters of water / sqm) and release it to plants step by step.
Besides the solution-oriented production of nonwovens, Norafin also offers the customized allocation according to your needs.
- individual roll packaging from 50 running meters to roll diameters up to 1,200 mm
- customized widths from 100 mm up to 2,000 mm
- different aftertreatments possible, e.g. unicolored logo print
- minimum order quantity under 20,000 m² possible
Would you like to know more about our nonwovens for greening solutions?
We would be pleased to send you an overview of our product portfolio.
Please contact us directly by e-mail or choose our contact form to continue.