Norafin Guardian® – Fireblocker for Seats
Norafin Guardian® – The Fireblocking Solution
Fireblocking materials can be used in many different branches such as furniture-, padding, and bedding industry. Seats of cinemas and stadiums have to be equipped with fireblocker as well. However, applications in the private and public transport comprise the most important field of fireblocking materials.
Since the 1980s, as the first high speed trains came into operation and glass-fiber products were forbidden, train seats were equipped with textile fireblocker. Before introducing a standardized EU regulation, every European country had its own test norms. Standards now have to comply with the norm EN 45545 – requirements for fire behavior of materials and products used in trains. Mechanical tests can further vary between countries, which makes it possible to use different fireblocking materials.
In the air traffic, the seats have to pass a fire and toxicity test, a density of smoke measurement as well as mechanical tests. Most of the tests comply with international norms.
Norafin aims at launching fireblocking materials with the highest performance and quality standards.
Seats, upholstery, ceilings, and wall coverings in:
- public buildings (theaters, cinemas, stadiums, etc.)
Performance Characteristics of our Products:
- fireblocking and flame retardant capabilities according to EN 45545-2 and UIC 564-2, FAR 25-853 or 16 CFR Part 1633 and more
high fire resistance
- low smoke toxicity and opacity
- lightweight, high quality material constructions
- long-lasting product solutions
Possible Product Modifications:
- processing of different high-quality fibers and fiber blends, e.g. meta and para-aramids, oxidized polyacrylonitrile (PAN)
- weight range between 30 - 450 g/m²
- different structures
- various nonwoven structures
- multi-layered, scrim incorporated, free of binders
- anti-vandalism solutions with flexible steel scrim
- different aftertreatment options: antistatic, water repellent, etc.