Norafin Reinforcement and Surfacing Veils
Norafin's polyester based technical nonwovens allow the optimization of composites manufactured by the pultrusion process.
Pultrusion is a dynamic process whereby the reinforcement, having passed through a resin bath, is pulled through a heated die to produce a composite component of constant profile. As the process is dynamic, the inclusion of a surfacing veil is the optimum method used to impart a wide range of properties to the surface of the pultruded profile.
Performance Characteristics of our Products:
- high-quality surface finish
- reduced reinforcement print through
- elimination of surface penetration of reinforcing fibers
- improved corrosion resistance
- improved resistance to UV discoloration and degradation
- surface conductivity
- improved wear and impact resistance
In addition to the enhanced properties of the pultruded profile, a synthetic surfacing veil such as those manufactured by Norafin also improves the pultrusion process itself giving:
- reduced die wear
- reduced pulling forces
- increased line speeds
The use of a surfacing veil with isotropic properties also gives a significant degree of hoop strength to pultruded profiles such as tubes, 'L' sections and 'U' channels where the main reinforcement is unidirectional.
Possible Product Modifications:
- white/black polyester based synthetic veils for general purpose GRP pultrusions
- polyester-based synthetic veils with tailored levels of conductivity for profiles such as cable trays and ladders, mining ducts, support and access structures in petrochemical and offshore plant etc., which require surface antistatic properties
- para-aramid veils for improved impact and wear resistance
- pre-ox and phenolic fiber based veils for enhanced fire resistance
- available in various basic weights
- widths upon request
Your Contact Persons
Business Unit Manager
|T:||+49 3733 5507 204|
Business Unit Manager Norafin (Americas) Inc.
|T:||+1 828 435 7030|
Research & Development Project Manager
|T:||+49 3733 5507 294|
Business Development Manager
|T:||+49 3733 5507 263|