Norafin CRYSTALEN® stands for nonwovens to filter gases and liquids. We supply filter media that optimize the product lifecycle, the filtration efficiency and operating costs.
With our capability to process a variety of fibers (microfibers, PPS, aramids, polyimides...) and with our proprietary production process, our nonwovens show a consistent filter surface characterized by a higher number of finer pores and homogeneous cross-section leading to an increased filter performance.
Norafin CRYSTALEN® stands for:
- high quality filter media
Performance Features of our Nonwovens:
- homogeneity of the surface allows for an easier dedusting and increased filter efficiency
- improved efficiency of spunlaced nonwovens with lower area densities compared to spunbonded nonwovens (weight range between 180 g/m² and 350 g/m²)
- isotropic fiber orientation guarantees for high stability
- high-temperature-resistant solutions through the use of high performance fibers
- pleatable filter media
- chemical and solvent resistance
- FDA/EU10 2011 compatible filter media
Manufacturing of filter media through spunlace technology
During spunlacing, a homogenous, intertwined textile structure is created by means of water jets.
Compared to the traditional needlepunch technology, the hydroentanglement offers benefits that enhance the filtration efficiency.
- no perforation of the nonwoven in the spunlacing process; fibers are not exposed to mechanical stresses
- high material density, thus denser pores and better pore size distribution
- high homogeneity of the surface > better dedusting, higher filtration efficiency
- multi-layer technology > integration of metal scrims possible
- higher pore size through strengthening process > higher weights are necessary to achieve the desired separation efficiency
- some of the dust cake remains in the filter media after dedusting > no entire dedusting possible
- limited choice of support scrims > no metal scrims possible